Home Inspections for Buyers in Annapolis, MD, and Anne Arundel County
Home inspections are important for home buyers and for those who want to refinance their house. Chesapeake Enterprises Home Inspections offers home inspections for buyers and owners in Annapolis, MD, and the surrounding area. Find peace of mind with a professional inspection.
Our Home Inspection Process
When you want to buy a home, you want to make sure that you invest your money in a property that’s in great condition and that will last you years to come. With a home inspection from Chesapeake Enterprises Home Inspections, you will learn which house is worth your money.
When you call us, we’ll perform an on-site inspection that can take anywhere from two to three hours. We’re a locally owned and operated business, so you can interact directly with me, Jeffery Leek, the owner of the company.
- Structural elements: I’ll inspect the foundation, walls, and window alignment.
- The roof: This includes shingle condition, needed repairs, chimney damage, the gutter system, and the vents.
- Exterior surfaces: This includes the condition of the siding or paint, the lights and electrical outlets, and the clearance between siding and the ground.
- Interior plumbing: I’ll inspect the pipes, fixtures, showers, tubs, and hot water heater.
- Attic and basement: I’ll make sure that the attic is ventilated and insulated and that the basement is solid and waterproof.
- Electrical system: I’ll inspect wiring, circuit breakers, outlets, light fixtures, and all aspects of your HVAC system as well.
- Appliances: If the home includes appliances, I’ll make sure the dishwasher, stove, fridge, and microwave all work properly.
- Garage: I’ll look at the foundation, ceilings, and windows of the garage to make sure they’re safe. I’ll also inspect the door opener, the outlets, and the electrical systems.
- Grounds: This includes the drainage system, driveway, fence, and sidewalks.
I’ll also make sure that your home has the necessary safety features, such as fire alarms, sprinklers, and handrails on the stairs.
Contact Chesapeake Enterprises Home Inspections today to talk to me directly about your inspection. We love our customers, and we’ll do everything we can to help you.
What I inspect
Home inspection requirements vary greatly from state to state, but the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) has a few Standards of Practice that outlines minimum and uniform standards that you should expect from an inspection.
They include the following:
What I Don't Inspect
Again, while there is a variation of what home inspectors look for, there are areas that are generally not covered by a home inspection. If you suspect any problems or concerns in the following areas, you may want to schedule an evaluation by a certified specialist.